Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

Eleven short days from today I return to work.  You know, that other full time job that actually comes with a paycheck written in dollars rather than kisses and smiles.  The past 10 weeks have been dedicated to the Little One, basically day after day of complete and utter mommyhood bliss.  Feeding, changing, playing, lots and lots of staring.  I have been loving every single moment of being home with him but, unfortunately living in the economic bubble that is the suburbs of NY... staying home forever just isn't a viable option. Well, not if we want to do things like pay the mortgage.


Returning to work-- the commuting, the responsibility, the how-will-I-manage-all-the-extra-hours-I-used-to-work-- is the obvious change but not the only one.  I started this blog in order to write about/digest/share/hopefully make sense of the many transitions that naturally happen at time like this, and that leave me asking "how will I ever be able to fit [x] in?"  I did a pretty poor at balancing different aspects of my life before...I definitely have my work cut out for me! 

My first challenge will be how I manage to show up to work wearing something appropriate which is neither falling off of me (maternity clothes too big) nor looks painted on (my old clothes). Those are the only two categories that the contents of my closet fall into right now. Shopping is necessary, but who wants to spend $ on clothes that will hopefully not fit for very long?  Whoever said breastfeeding helps you lose weight forgot the end of that sentence.  Breastfeeding helps you lose weight to a point, and it doesn't put humpty dumpty back together in exactly the same shape! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I found you. And in record time. Love this blog even more and feel that I'll learn so much from your openness, etc. My suggestion for clothing post-baby: is to let me know what you discover...oy x3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the pants fitting thing. I still miss those maternity panels. Sigh. Amen on the breast feeding! I think those crazy breast feeding mamas that breast feed until the child is in third grade made that one up. That's just my own theory though.

    --Christine

    ReplyDelete