Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

AJ was here

I have the legs of a 7 year old.  I literally think that 7 year old Danielle actually had FEWER bruises on her legs than I do now, and that's saying something because I was one clumsy kid.  From the knees down, my shins are littered with black and blues in various stages of purple.  I guess this is from crawling around on the floor with AJ and accidentally landing on his toys.
The best, though, are the tiny almost perfectly circular bruises that I have on my upper thighs.  One might wonder how one gets tiny almost perfectly circular bruises on one's upper thighs...  My son has very pointy toes and he loves to stand up when he is on my lap.
I still feed him in the glider, which sits next to a window.  After he is about 80% done with each bottle he takes a little break.  On his break he climbs up mommy and stands, toes pointed, on my lap, his little arms perched on the windowsill.  Its adorable really.  He gets into that position then smiles like a proud little monkey and he bang bang bangs his hands on the windowsill and the window.  He stares at the trees, maybe he sees a little of his reflection too.  Bottom line, he loves it and the kid seriously thinks he can walk.  I keep asking him, as he gets fingerprints all over the window, if he is planing his escape route.  I'm on to you little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment