Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Firsts

AJ is at that amazing age where everyday is literally a new accomplishment.  The 'language explosion' I read so much about is not an urban legend.  Over the past month he has started to say so many more words, and although they are still mainly a language that only Joe and i can understand, he clearly has an identifier for so many things.  Over the summer while we were in Lake George, he said his first 2-word combo:  "more please".  It happened so fast I had to ask someone else if they heard it too, and like the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot, we didn't have another sighting for quite sometime so I still questioned its existence.  Then the past 2 weeks he came out with "too big" and "no more" distinctly and repeatedly!  SO proud of him!

Daycare transition is going ok.  Drop offs are still really tough and he clings to us, but I am very comfortable with his teachers, that they are attending to his needs especially when he first gets there.  And the details of his day that they can tell me about are really meaningful, and that makes me feel so much better.  Everyday we get a write up of activities they did, as well as how  long he slept,what he ate and the diaper situation.  ts fun to come home and ask him about the specific things they noted and see hm react, like "AJ, did you jump and stretch today" and he does it (well, still cant quite jump but tries!) or teh fact that he can complete the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little STar when thats not in our top 40 playlist at home, but I know he sings it in school.  So, while I still wish I could be with him every second, he is happy when he comes home, and other than atypical short naps, he seems to be happy while he is there.

The inevitable downside to daycare happened just 2 weeks in, AJs first cold.  This kid barely sniffled the first 19 months of his life, and now we've got a snot fountain, a tiny fever and a bit of a cough.  I expected this (thought maybe not quite so soon) but I did not expect that Joe and I would catch it almost immediately.  We're 3 peas in a pod home sick today, trying desperately to ingest as many vitamin packed foods as possible in order to recover in time for Uncle Joeys wedding this weekend.  Despite being under the weather, AJ remains in mostly good spirits, except if I DARE try to wipe his nose.  Ah well, a milestone nonetheless!

1 comment:

  1. Oh No! Feel Better! Just think about how much stronger his immune system will be! Hope everyone feels better soon! And Congratulations to Joey and Christina!

    ReplyDelete