Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Money makes the world go round

I haven't been to the ATM since February.  Amazing but true.  Since AJ was born and I barely left the house I guess I didn't need money.  Then I came back to work and I have been very diligent about bringing breakfast lunch and a snack each day, no need to take money out.  Plus I have a stash of change in my drawer that I use to buy coffee.  Ridiculous amounts of decaf coffee.

Anyway, today I didn't pack lunch.  I was up late last night and didn't have any food made so I figured I'd just wing it today and buy some food in the cafeteria for lunch.  I brought my breakfast, and a snack of 3 gigantic strawberries.  Lunchtime came, and when I opened my wallet it was like the cartoons where moths fly out.  Nada.  I managed to find a single dollar bill in one of my desk drawers, so I now had $1 and 3 strawberries.

No problem though, work has an ATM so I could just take some money out.  Or, rather, I could if my ATM card hadn't expired in February.  WHAT????  ATM cards expire?  Apparently they do, and mine expired almost 4 months ago.  Ooops.  Ok, back to $1 and 3 strawberries.

I called the bank to see about getting a new one, and I can.  It will be here in 10 days.  Ten days.  I think I can buy a gun faster than I can get a replacement ATM card.

The moral of this story is: when I don't pack my lunch there is trouble. And, shopping for everything on Amazon only gives you the illusion that you are not spending money.

No comments:

Post a Comment