(This blog post in no way endorses having a baby for the sole purpose of addressing social anxiety issues.)
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Card Carrying Member
Having AJ has been awesome in more ways than I can count, but one side benefit that I didn't expect was the fact that I now have so much to talk about with so many people! Anyone who saw me pregnant or heard about the baby asks about him (and oh my gosh, I always have so much to say!), and I can actively participate in conversations with others about their kids. I also feel more comfortable approaching other women with babies/children because I now know so many more relevant things to talk with them about. All those years of watching the women in my neighborhood stand together and talk I never felt like I could mosey on over and join in. Now when I take AJ out for a stroll, its natural to say hi. I even feel like I want to seek out other first time moms in the area with a child similar in age, because we always have questions! Who am I?? Actually, I totally think that when you have your first baby, you should nominate a set of your already-baby-having friends and relatives to be on your Baby Advisory Board. A dedicated set of people whose opinions you respect, that have agreed to entertain your endless questions, musings, and worries, and impart their experiences. Someone get on this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha ha ha! May I put you on my advisory board?
ReplyDelete