Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Not kidding

So after making 58 chocolate lollipops last weekend, and consuming probably 58 tablespoons of melted chocolate in the process, it was time to get out for some physical activity.  Last night I managed to squeeze in a walk/run after work, in addition to my normal after work activities (AJ playtime, bath, bottle, bed, washing bottles, making bottles, pumping).  I went out, walked for 5 minutes and then alternated each minute between a walk and a slow jog.  I kept that up for 20 minutes.  It obviously wasn't very vigorous because I don't think I was short of breath the entire time (and I'm sure its not because I am cardiovascularly fit right now).

And I woke up today feeling like my left hip is going to crack.  And my lower back is in knots on the same side.  So, despite my year and 10 months off of running and hallucinations of pregnancy invincibility, as it turns out the orthopedic surgeon actually wasn't kidding when he said I shouldn't run anymore.

Grumblegrumblegrumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment