Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mrs. Doubtfire

We just got off the phone with our nanny to be! After about 100 applications, 7 phone interviews, 4 in person meetings, and approximately 7,531 questions from Joe, we have hired a wonderfully enthusiastic and capable woman who will be watching AJ once Joe returns to work.  Friends of ours who have been through this process several times had told us that finding a nanny is very much about chemistry and if you don't 'feel it' don't go for it.  Everything seems right with the person we chose.  And I am so happy that this daunting task is finished!  I think AJ will like her a lot, and I think it will really help me feel relieved while I am at work during the day.

Speaking of work, I am sending up the white flag of surrender.  The past 2 weeks have been CRAZY and there is no end in sight.  I've gotten reassurance from my boss that he does not feel like I have let anything slip...plus it is just so nice to be asked how I am doing with everything.  I am effectively projecting an illusion of having it all together.

What I am failing miserably at is anything resembling physical activity.  Since my last run,  with was a major fail, I have not done a thing, and have been drowning my sorrows in carbs.  Not good.  I'll be back up to delivery weight if this keeps up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment