Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Baby I'm Amazed

AJ is 9 months old.  He is now as old as it took to make him!  Its no exaggeration that I am amazed at him every day, and months 7-9 have really been incredible.  Just in the past few weeks he has become even more communicative.  He mimics us, he does "SO BIG!", he waves bye-bye, and today my heart nearly melted when he gave me a kiss!  Well, a "kiss" to AJ is opening his mouth and putting it on my cheek, but still, we have a tiny human who responds with this action when I say "give mommy a kiss" and that totally blows my mind.  

Some days I just look at him and think that I don't know what I have done in my life to deserve such happiness.  Though I can recall the actions that filled mine and Joe's days before AJ came along, I can't recall what it was like to not feel this love that now overflows my heart.  When I get this way, I swear that the sappy pregnancy hormones never actually left me, but I think thats part of what makes a mom a mom. 

I just can't wait to see what is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment