Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Hangover

Today I am sporting a fierce 4 day weekend hangover.  Not from overindulging (or indulging at all) in spiked cider this Thanksgiving weekend, but from 4 glorious uninterrupted days with my little sweetie, and after 4 days of all-AJ-all-the-time I am missing him like crazy.  When the nanny came this morning, he wasn't exactly resistant, but he also didn't crawl to her with the same vigor that he would on a normal week.

This weekend was also fun because we got to see AJ in so many new situations-- at a big Thanksgiving dinner table--where he was almost the loudest one, around other babies--where we stopped him before he could crawl on top of his adorable, but unsuspecting little friend, and at a Christmas 'fair' type thing where 40 Christmas trees nor Santa himself could impress him!  So much fun to watch him have these new experiences, and I wish I could introduce him to things like that each and every day.

Has it gotten easier for me since I came back to work in May?  Somewhat.  Some days I do what I need to do like clockwork, but days like today I still worry.  About whether he will go down for his naps ok, whether he will want to be held all day, whether she will recognize the new 'games' he likes to play, like 'roll the tangerine across the room' or 'keep dropping the rubber blocks on the tile'.  Those are my favorites too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment