Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Everything Must Go!

In the 20 days since my last update, I'm [fill in undecided feeling here] to say that I have successfully gotten down to producing almost no milk, and I accomplished this without a major mental/hormonal breakdown.  It was certainly convenient not to lug a big pump with me down the eastern seaboard, and also nice to not have to stop what I was doing at some point in the day to pump.  I'm left now with: a recurring thought that there is something I forgot to do, an occasional need to pump the tiniest bit (literally drops), a little more time in the day, a minute to minute fear that I am putting weight back on, and, bras from pre-pregnancy that are too big on me, not awesome.  So... I guess that's it?  No confetti or anything? :-)

In other news, AJ had a successful first plane ride and an unsuccessful second trial of whole eggs.  I am also amazed to see that most unflavored soy milk still has sugar added, and how far I have to dig to find the ones without added sugar.  I assume I am doing the right thing... does a 1 year old really need evaporated cane juice?  This week we will probably try tofu.  In what form, I don't know yet.

My best guess is that he will be walking for real sometime in the next month.  He bravely takes a step or 2 at a time and then usually falls, but he does keep trying!  And he can definitely do an ok job walking if he is holding on to my finger.  His personality came out even more while we were on vacation.  Such a silly boy, and so excited about everything, especially the dog!  Another high point was when the kid 2 rows ahead of us on the plane kept screaming-- not crying, just randomly SCREAMING , and AJ put his hands over his ears.  I didnt even know he knew how to do that!  Seriously, he cracks me up every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment