As it turns out, AJ is not allergic to eggs after all. We tried again this weekend and he had no reaction, and actually ate the whole thing. I don't know what happened last attempt but he is apparently over it, and I am rejoicing to have one more food to be able to give him.
This weekend we also tried salmon for the first time. Perhaps it was because he was also having awesome, delicious sweet potato, but he hated the salmon. Like, wouldnt even pick it up. When he accidentally got some in his mouth he made a terrible face and picked it off his tongue. Hilarious. But the funny part for me was when I enthusiastically announced "AJ, we're having fish for dinner!' and he started to make the fishy noise that he makes when we see pet goldfish. Oh my gosh. Panic. Someday I will have to explain that we eat animals. The animals that he plays with plastic toy replicas of and lovingly makes their sounds. In all of my anticipatory worry about parenthood, that was not a question I thought of! Maybe we will just be vegetarians and I can avoid the topic forever!
Love this! Phoebe hasn't figured out that the chicken that we make "cluck, cluck" sounds for is also the same chicken she eats for dinner.
ReplyDeletethis is the funniest post ever. xo
ReplyDelete