1. I literally daydream about what I would do if I were home with him every day. I know I know, the grass is always greener. But one day this week I left work and ran to Whole Foods to grab lunch, and I saw moms and babies and moms and toddlers, and I thought jeez, I'd totally take AJ food shopping! We've been getting groceries delivered literally since he was born, so except for a trip or 2 here or there, its not something AJ and I do together regularly. This quickly morphed into thinking about taking him on picnics, and up to the beach, and thinking about how he'd react to the seagulls flying around, and whether or not he'd be scared of the ocean waves. Story time at the library, or lunch with grandma and grandpa. The weekends are just too short, but we do try to do one thing to together each weekend, just mommy and AJ.
2. As much as I try to soak AJ in when I do have time with him, and despite the fact that my hard drive is busting at the seams with the number of pictures Ive taken to try to capture all of his moments, I am petrified that I'm going to forget the little details that are making each and every day with him so special. This weekend he was babbling so many new noises, they were hysterical, he really thinks he is talking. He tries to say so many words now and his memory is incredible. He loves playing on the grass, and loves picking up rocks and collecting sticks when we are at the park. I never thought teaching him to take 'one' Cheerio rather than his typical fist-ful would be a moment that filled me with pride, but it did. Every day is a new discovery and my merely mortal memory can't retain all the mini-moments with the kind of accuracy my heart wishes for. I just want to bottle every moment. If nothing else I guess it has taught me that I have to be better about documenting these little things in some way, whether its his baby book, a journal or blog I feel like I have to record it somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment