Well, I wasnt intending to ignore this blog for 2 months, and then life was happening and, ooops, its now the end of August. I feel like Ive been slacking terribly in my attempt to keep up with documenting what AJ is up to for my memory, if not your enjoyment!
At 18 months we have a very energetic little boy on our hands. Walking, running, throwing, climbing, talking, tooth brushing, its too much fun! He is trying to say words or talking to hear himself talk almost every minute of the day. He makes an attempt to repeat words you say to him (he even counts to 4 with help!) but my favorite noise that he makes is "dadoo" . He says it over and over again while running across the living room or hiding in our closet. Oh yes, lots of hiding. He will run and hide in the same places al the time (usually a corner in plain sight) and then, once he is good and ready-- which can be MINUTES-- he will finally look up or come out and say BOO! But most times he waits quietly and patiently for you to find him. I tell you it will be scary if he ever hides for real, I may never find him!
I'm still feeling totally inept at feeding him. Even though we're past the food allergies and I have incorporated yogurt and cheese into his diet (still too scared to try eggs straight, but will try them IN things) I feel like I feed him the same things over and over and over. And part of my issue, I know, is my own old hang ups with food and concern over making sure he is eating as nutritiously as possible. Some days though, I wonder if I'm doing him a disservice. He grew in the past 3 months and gained less than a pound... the doctor is not concerned and his development is right on track.... so why do I panic if I give him white pasta more than once a week? He sometimes eats what we eat, but his 7 little teeth cant always handle the meaty stuff. Ugh, anyway, I'm trying to relax more and find new ideas and not panic over every little thing. He did eat brussel sprouts the other night! Meaning I probably could've tried them months ago! I think I need to sing the 'Confidence' song from The Sound of Music daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment