Well, the important thing is that my brothers wedding was a success in every way, including AJs triumphant march (borderline run) down the aisle. I was such a proud momma! Unfortunately his good spirits faded after a few hours, his fever returning and after a missed nap, he was just craving sleep. I'm so happy he was able to be part of the day though, my heart would've broken even more if he didn't make it there at all.
It turns out, he probably had roseola. His fever lasted Wednesday night til Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon his rash showed up just like clockwork. It went away today, Tuesday. Dr. Google has given me conflicting information as to whether this is something you can only get once, but at lest now I know what to expect, and the real pediatrician was helpful. His nose is still pouring "yuckys" and he is coughing it out, but he is fever and rash free, and is back to a very healthy appetite.
The scariest part of the last week, though, was last night. Perhaps related, perhaps not, about 3 hours after going down to sleep, he woke up SCREAMING like I have never heard. High pitched truly fearful screaming at the top of his lungs. He was totally asleep the whole time, and it took a while to snap him out of it and calm him down. Poor baby! But I will admit. This past week, the few nights I got to sit with him in the glider and have him fall asleep on me, with a little snore from his stuffy nose, were totally precious.
I'm so happy AJ made it to the wedding, if only to see that cute little boy run around in a bow tie!
ReplyDeletePheebs was sick this weekend and as much as I hate it when she's sick, I love that she's super cuddly. As for the screaming, he might be getting night terrors. Phoebe went through it from 18 months to about 21 months. She woke up screaming at the top go her lungs, but was asleep. It was awful and heartbreaking.