Well, I survived week one back to work. As I suspected, the tired totally hit me this week...12 weeks worth. I cannot believe how quickly the day goes once I am home. I walk in the door at 5:30 and before I know it I'm falling asleep standing up at 9pm. Those hours are filled with things like:
--hugging and kissing the little munchkin
--feeding, changing diapers
--eating dinner in less than 10 minutes
--pumping
--washing bottles
--washing more bottles
--pumping
--washing more bottles
--preparing breakfast and lunch for tomorrow
--making a list and checking it twice to make sure I have everything I need for work the next day
Thats about it. Sometimes I can answer an email or two, sometimes I squeeze in a phone call on my drive home. Anything else? Well, to quote my long lost high school friend Francine, I'll fit everything else in "between peeing and wiping" Graphic perhaps, but hilariously true! I need to develop some short cuts.
By the way, the dramatic conclusion to my last post is that I did indeed end up spilling about 2 precious ounces of milk all over the carpet before that day was done. I wanted to cry, and if I still had raging pregnancy hormones, I bet I would have.
No comments:
Post a Comment