Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Taters for my Tot

I conquered a bit of my food fear with AJ this week.  My cousin suggested the very obvious but totally foreign to me idea of cooking a potato and giving it to AJ.  Duh.  Why didn't I think of this.

So Monday evening I stuck 2 potatoes in the oven and baked them in nothing but foil (the chef I am!).  Once they were done I cut them up into tiny pieces and wouldn't you know-- perfect finger food and AJ loved them.  Actually I loved them too.  I don't know what kind of potatoes these were but for not having one drop of butter or salt they were delicious.  So then I steamed some carrots so we'd have them on hand too.  AJ loved them both and ate them all by himself.  Once again, oh mommy of little faith, I was proven wrong and my little guy is obviously well up to the task and took it all in stride.  Remind me of this when he starts daycare, starts school, learns to ride a bike, etc etc etc etc.

I still have no idea how to give him non-babyfood meat, nor what portions and distribution of food groups to give him but this is progress.

As I've said every single month, THIS IS THE BEST AGE!  Despite his clinginess which does get pretty difficult, I adore the fact that he is getting so curious and that he just understands so much.  One of my new favorites is singing "where is thumbkin" to him.  We just started this over the weekend, and tonight when I sag it to him right away he held out his hands and started moving his fingers.  he doesn't hold the right one up but who cares!  He totally gets it.  Oh man, just totally in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment