No, not a cute Valentines day pun... more like, I think AJ has an allergy. On Sunday he had yogurt for lunch, and an abundance of kisses from his grandparents for dessert. Shortly after, his cheeks and chin got super red and splotchy and bumpy. I attributed it to more kisses than usual (so hard to resist) including facial hair and lipstick (don't worry, not on the same person). But when it happened again yesterday after more yogurt and no kisses... its not looking so good. As reactions go, some face splotchiness isnt so bad, but Mondays reaction was worse than Sunday's so needless to say, no more yogurt.
Whats odd is that he has had yogurt in jar food mixes for over a month with no ill effects... but I have read that this can happen suddenly. I'm not sure this fares so well for our transition to milk, but the doctor will make that call. Supposedly kids can outgrow dairy allergies (if that is in fact what this is) so we will see. And to think, I ate all that cheese and drank all that milk during pregnancy how could his body not love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment