Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

To the left, to the left

We have embarked on the journey of soymilk!  Rosy, rashy cheeks are gone and so far AJ has taken very well to a few ounces in his bottles.  In fact he hasn't seemed to notice a change in taste and I'm hopeful that this will continue as I increase the soymilk proportion over the next few weeks.

That means the time has come-- I really can phase out pumping.  If you asked me 9 months ago when I first returned to work and was pumping 6-7 times every 24 hours, I never would have thought I'd get here.  Once I got down to fewer times per day, like 3 or 4, I started to appreciate the time rather than feel like it was ruling my entire life.  I could read a little, zone out watching TV, just have a few minutes to myself over the course of the day.  In a way I will miss that.  I also feel like this is the last thing I've got going that makes me say 'wow, our bodies are amazing!' which I said daily during pregnancy.  I will miss feeling like a bit of a superhero.  And of course, long gone will be the days when what AJ would consume in a day was something I didnt have to think about or plan.  I already miss that.  Oh real food, why wont you prepare yourself?? 

But there is one thing that I will not miss.  Since 2 days after AJ was born, my boobs have been noticeably lopsided.  I have no idea what I did to make one side so crazy, but I haven't been able to regulate supply on that side to equal the other.  I will not miss that, and I really hope that when the milk production facility finally closes up shop, that I'm not left with still lopsided-ness.  Because among other things, I really cant wait to get fitted for new bras.  


1 comment: